Thursday, August 24, 2006

angelo badalamenti - twin peaks theme



i'm obsessed with all things david lynch but lately it's been his tv show twin peaks which unfortunately aired when i was too young to be interested. i've only seen season one along with the prequel movie fire walk with me since they are all that's available on dvd. however, rumor has it that the complete series will be released sometime before the end of the year. one of my favorite things about the show is the music that angelo badalamenti provides for the soundtrack. check out the main theme..it's dark and dreamy.

mp3 | angelo badalamenti - twin peaks theme

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALSO CHECK OUT HIS COLLABORATION WITH TIM BOOTH(ex-JAMES) CALLED BOOTH AND THE BAD ANGEL. THEIR RECORD WAS RELEASED DURING THE MID TO LATE 90'S.

8/26/2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I wouldn't be too eager to see the second season. It's "good", but IIRC, the rushed nature of the "ending" and some of the important plot threads made it somewhat of a let down for me.

I think it helped for us to watch the movie after the second season. I think I heard the movie was DL's attempt to either put things how they originally were, or clean up some of the mess from the 2nd season. I'm sure I could wiki it or look it up elsewhere. But I'm all in a fervor of typing fury.

I miss what Twin Peaks was. Supposedly he is shooting a new movie that might just bring back the wierd. Woot.

8/31/2006 1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, Lobster, I agree,,,season one was great, season 2 (tho it introduced some great characters) devolved into a chaotic mess...the mysteries were never solved, stories began with no conclusion; it was just frustrating. But the score by A.B. was great, and the whole vibe of the show was fresh...at the time, anyway. I thought the movie sucked, myself, and didn't feel it cleaned up the lame plotting issues (or lack thereof) Maybe DL was so busy starring in the 2nd season, he didn't have time to step back and see the big picture.

9/23/2006 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home